Different from any other casemaking process, Casemaker 650 uses pre-formed, resin-coated “plano” hard covers which are low-cost and easy to handle. Simply place the cover sheet of your choice on top of the plano and close the sealing drawer to seal it to the cover. Turn over and do the same to the other side, using clamps and end-papers provided for the perfect result. Place the finished cover in the spine press and pull the handle down once for a perfectly formed spine! Insert internal sheets and place on Unibinder 8.2 for 90 seconds while you produce the next case; into the crimper for 5 seconds and you’re done! The whole process in as little as 3 minutes!
CASE COVER WRAPPING:
- Print (and laminate ideally) your outer cover onto 130 gsm stock approx. or select your chosen book binding material e.g. PU, leather etc.
- Trim to size including chamfer from each corner (Casemaker has a template trimmer for this)
- Lay onto the correct size of plano cover on the Casemaker’s sealing drawer bed, using the line-up guides provided
- Close the sealing drawer and wait 10-15 seconds until the sealing cycle completes
- Open drawer, turn the plano over, fold the edges using special clamps provided, and lay end papers (black and white) in position
- Close drawer, wait 10-15 seconds, open and remove clamps, cover now complete.
- Select correct width of spine cassette and insert into the Spinepress.
- Place finished cover between self-centring paper guides
- Pull the handle down once to form the perfect book spine
- For ringbinders, put the mechanism & rivets in position and pull handle down to seal the mech.
- Place the book block into the spine and place on the Unibinder 8.2
- Wait 60-90 seconds until light goes green (you can make the next hard case meanwhile)
- Place bound book into the automatic crimper for approx. 5 seconds
- Leave the completed book to cool for a minute or so, then admire the finished result J
KEY BENEFITS OF THE SYSTEM:
- Effortless and entirely mess-free
- Speed and simplicity of production keeps unit costs low
- Books from 10x15cm to 30x30cm can be produced in 3 spine thicknesses
- No set up changes required between sizes
- Perfect end result, almost indistinguishable from traditional hard-back books
- Works with a large variety of cover stocks, either plain or pre-printed
- High margin profit opportunity
- Short-run book publishing
- High value tenders
- Option to turn any high-impact document into a hardback book
Click HERE to view our list of FAQs
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW OF THE CASEBINDER 650 IN ACTION